Pharmacy Technician Training Program (51.0805)
Through our Pharmacy Technician Training you will be able support pharmacists and patients by providing medical assistance to thousands looking for effective health solutions. Here at the Cleveland Institute of Dental-Medical Assistants, Inc., our tuition costs are reasonably priced and our class sizes are small, allowing you to get the individual attention and supervision you deserve.
Our Pharmacy Tech School has been designed to prepare successful graduates for advanced entry level positions in retail or hospital pharmacies working under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist.
The curriculum includes:
- An introduction to Pharmacology
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Medications and their preparation and usage
- Pharmacy Math and Dosage Calculations with an emphasis on assisting the Pharmacist in prescription preparations
- Gathering and recording information prior to the dispensing of prescriptions
- Ordering and stocking pharmaceutical preparations
- Anatomy and terminology will be included in the curriculum
- Introduction to word processing and third party billing as it applies to insurance companies will be included
Upon completion of these programs and classes, the student will be placed in a clinical setting for an externship. National certification through PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) is encouraged for all graduates of this program.
The Cleveland Institute believes in your potential and eventual success, that’s why we do everything we can to ensure you receive the best education possible with the help of our Professional Classes and Financial Aid. We look forward to helping you achieve success and a great career in the Allied Health Field. Call now and receive the education and the occupation you’ve been waiting for.